We use math to enhance student exploration, communication, understanding and appreciation of the spatial forms of buildings, the patterns of nature and the building blocks of art.
To promote authentic connections between math, nature and the arts, enabling students to embrace concepts that transcend the individual disciplines, through observational learning, discovery and application.
- To facilitate contact with contextualized mathematics in nature, the arts and architecture.
- To provide opportunities to investigate and communicate patterns, mathematical connections and relationships.
- To inspire an atmosphere of adventure and exploration of math concepts.
- To make math learning fun and interactive.
- To provide opportunities to develop math skills, number sense and spatial reasoning.
- To encourage problem solving.
- To stimulate curiosity and encourage inquiry about natural and man-made environments.